SBI PO 2018
SBI PO 2018 will be conducted by State Bnak of India to select eligible candidates to the post of Probationary Officer. SBI PO is one of the most coveted jobs in Banking industry and a dream job for millions of aspirants across India. SBI PO is considered as a premium job opportunity in Banking sector because of following reasons:
• Brand value of SBI and reputation associated with SBI-PO post
• Lucrative pay scale which is highest among PSU Banks
• Growth opportunities where even a PO can progress to the level of Chairperson
• Job satisfaction and social prestige
Before beginning with your preparation, you should get an idea about the latest updates, selection procedure, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, previous year cut off etc. Please go through this article to get all the important information for the SBI PO Exam.
SBI PO Notification 2018
SBI PO Notification 2018 will be released shortly by State Bank of India. This recruitment process will start post release of official notification and it will be conducted for selection of candidates to the post of PO in State Bank of India and its Associate banks. The candidates selected are liable to be posted anywhere in India.
Eligible and interested Candidates are required to register online for the recruitment process.The 3-tier selection process consists of Preliminary and Main Exams which will be conducted online, followed by Interview. Candidates must pass each exam to get shortlisted and progress to the next stage. Final selection will be based on merit.
Click here for SBI PO Official Notification 2017
SBI PO Vacancy 2018
The State Bank of India declared a total vacancy of 2403 posts for SBI PO 2017. Out of these, 90 vacancies were reserved for persons with disability. SBI PO Vacancy 2018 is expected to be more or less same as that of last year. The exact number of vacancies will be revealed once the official IBPS PO Notification 2018 is released by State Bank of India
SBI PO 2018 Exam Dates
State Bank of India will release the official Notification for SBI PO 2018 shortly. The Exam dates for the same will be declared once the notification has been released. Candidates are requested to visit the page regularly to remain updated about any upcoming notification on exam dates.
|1||On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates|
To be announced soon
|2||Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges|
|3||Download of call letters for online Preliminary Examination|
|4||Conduct of Online Examination - Preliminarys|
|5||Result of Online exam – Preliminary|
|6||Download of Call letter for Online Main Exam|
|7||Conduct of Online Examination – Main|
|8||Result of Online Examination – Main|
|9||Download Call Letter for Personal Interview||June 2018|
|10||Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview|
|11||Declaration of Final Result|
SBI PO Exam Centre
While filling the online application form, applicants are required to enter their preferred exam centres for SBI PO 2018, based on their convenience. However, the Bank may allot an exam centre other than the choices made by a candidate if there is non-availability of seats at preferred venues.
SBI PO Recruitment 2018
The SBI PO recruitment exam is the most premier among the public-sector bank exams in India. It is considered a little difficult compared to the bank entrance exams conducted by IBPS. The recruitment process for Probationary Officers at SBI consists of 3 stages:
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Main Examination
Click Here to know more about SBI PO Salary, Job Profile and career growth.
SBI PO Exam Pattern
The SBI PO selection process consists of 3 stages. The written examinations are conducted online, followed by an interview round. The structure of exams is as follows:
Phase-1: SBI PO Preliminary Examination
This is an online examination where the candidates must solve the question paper in one 1 hour for 100 marks. The test consists of 3 sections and candidates must clear the cut-off for each section. The cut-off or minimum passing marks for each section is decided by the Bank each year depending on the difficult of the test. The section-wise division of the marks is given below:
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||Composite time of 1 Hour|
Phase-2: SBI PO Mains Examination
The SBI PO Main Exam has a total of 250 marks, consisting of an objective test of 200 marks followed by a descriptive test of 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates must answer Descriptive test by typing on the computer. The Descriptive Test will be administered, immediately after completion of Objective Test. There is separate timing for each section.
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretationy||35||60||45 minutes|
|3||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4||English Language||30||30||40 minutes|
The Descriptive Test has a duration of 30 minutes with a maximum score of 50 marks. This is used to test the writing skills in English Language via Letter Writing & Essay Writing. Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in objective test.
Penalty for Wrong Answers:
There is a penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests of both Preliminary and Mains exams. A wrong answer to an objective question by the candidate will lead to a penalty of one fourth of the marks assigned to that question. For example, 0.25 marks will be deducted as penalty for wrong answer to a question that carries 1 mark. There will be no penalty for leaving a question blank, i.e. if no answer is marked by the candidate.
Phase-3: Group Exercises & Interview
The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category. Adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the Bank will be called for Group Exercises and Interview. The qualifying marks in Group Exercises & Interview will be as decided by the Bank. Group exercises account for 20 marks while Interview accounts for 30 marks.
Final Score Calculation for SBI PO Exam:
The final score for the SBI PO exam is calculated keeping the following points in mind:
• Marks obtained in the Preliminary Exam (Phase-1) will not be considered for selection
• Candidates must qualify Phase-2 and Phase-3 separately to be eligible
• Marks secured by the candidates in the Mains Exam (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Exercises & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25. This makes the new total score (Mains + GD/PI) to be 100
• The aggregate score out of 100 is used for the final merit list for each category.Candidates with top merit rank in each category are finally selected.
SBI PO 2018 Syllabus
While SBI issues only the broad subjects, they can be further subdivided into individual topics, based on the questions that have appeared in the exams over the past few years.
SBI PO Pre Exam Syllabus
|English Language||Numerical Ability||Reasoning Ability|
|Reading Comprehension||Number Series||Puzzle and Arrangements|
|Cloze Test||Simplification/ Approximation||Inequality|
|Spotting Errors||Data Interpretation||Coding - Decoding|
|Sentence Improvement||Miscellaneous||Blood Relations|
|Fill in the Blanks||Direction senseg|
|Order and Ranking|
Click Here to View detailed SBI PO Mains Syllabus
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2018
The candidate must fulfill the following two criteria to be eligible for the SBI PO Exam 2018:
• Age Limit: The candidate must be 21 Years to 30 Years as on 01.04.2018 i.e. candidates must have been born between 02.04.1988 and 01.04.1997 (both dates inclusive)
• Educational Qualification: The candidate must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the Final year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they must produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 01.07.2018. Candidates with Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate must ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 01.07.2018. Candidates with Chartered Accountant certification may also apply.
SBI PO Selection Procedure: Important Points
The candidates should keep in mind the following points related to the SBI PO selection process:
• Biometric Verification: To ensure an error-free and secure selection procedure for SBI PO 2018, the bank may digitally capture the thumb impression of the candidate. This is done to verify the genuineness of the candidates. Any inconsistency in the biometric verification will lead to rejection of the candidature and punitive legal actions. Candidates are thus advised not to apply any kind of external matter like ink, mehandi, chemical etc. on their hands.
• Number of Attempts: The maximum number of chances are fixed for each category. Candidates who have used up all the chances are not eligible to apply. Appearing in Preliminary Exam is not counted as an attempt but appearing in Mains Exam is counted.
|Category||Number of Chances|
SBI PO Online Application
The application for SBI PO Exam 2018 has to be done online. To avoid any technical errors please make sure that the web-browser used to fill up the SBI PO 2018 Application form is one of the following:
• Internet Explorer 8 and above
• Mozilla FireFox 3.0 and above
• Google Chrome 3.0 and above
Candidates applying online must have the following pre-requisites:
• A valid Email Id
• Photograph and Signature scanned in the prescribed size
• Application Fee must be paid online so all document required for online transaction
The SBI PO 2018 application form can only be filled on the official website.
Before proceeding with the registration and application process, all candidates are requested to go through the complete guide for SBI PO Online Applicaion
SBI PO Application Fee
The category wise fee structure for SBI PO online application is given below. Fee/Intimation charges once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other examination or selection. The application fee must be paid online itself. To know more check the complete guide for SBI PO Application
|Sr. No.||Category||Application Fee|
|1||SC/ST/PWD||Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges only)|
|2||General and Others||Rs. 600/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)|
SBI PO 2017 Admit Card & Call Letter
Candidates must download the SBI PO 2018 admit card from the official website of the bank as the hard copy of the SBI PO Admit Card will not be sent to the candidate via post. To login on the official website, the candidates will require the following:
• Registration No/Roll No
• Date of Birth/ Password
The admit card or call letter for SBI PO 2017 will be issued in 3 phases:
• Online Preliminary Examination
• Online Mains Examination
• Group Exercise and Interview
SBI PO 2018 Results
All results pertaining to SBI PO 2018 will be made available on the official website of State bank of India, the governing body for the SBI PO exam.
SBI PO Pre Result
State Bank of India (SBI) has declared the SBI PO prelims examination result 2017 on 16th May.
SBI PO Mains Result
The result of the Mains Exam result has been released on 3rd July 2017. Candidates are requested to keep checking the website for further information.
SBI PO Final Result
The Final result of SBI PO 2017 Exam has been declared by SBI.
Click Here to View SBI PO 2017 Final Result & Cut-Off
SBI PO Preparation
SBI PO preparation must be done in a systematic manner, with latest exam pattern in mind. Since the syllabus covers a lot of topics, it is important to choose the right study material so that you can understand the concepts and practice a wide variety of questions as well.
SBI PO 2017 left everyone startled with the unexpected pattern. This is the reason we have decided to provide you with the relevant new pattern questions that were asked in the last year banking exams. New pattern questions are simply the application of concepts in a new form. You just need to practice them a lot so that you don't face issue in SBI PO 2017.
Candidates should go through previous year SBI questions, so that they have an idea of what to expect in SBI PO 2018. In fact, we have also provided you with an 80 Days Study Plan for SBI PO Exam. This plan includes all the topics that may be asked this year.
SBI PO Cut-Off 2018
SBI PO Cut-Off for year 2018 will be declared by State Bank of India after the result of each phase has been declared. Cut-Off for preliminary phase of examination will be declared after the result for the same has been declared. Similarly cut-off for SBI PO Mains Exam will be declared after the result for the same has been declared by State Bank of India.
To know the expected SBI PO Cut-Off, one must be aware of the Cut-Off for SBI PO 2017. Let's have a look at the same
|Descriptive Type Test (English Language)(Evaluated only for those candidates who have qualified in each level of the Objective Test)||17.5||17.5||17.5||20||17.5||17.5||17.5|
|Minimum marks to be secured to be shortlisted for GE-cum Interview (Objective + Descriptive Test)||62.5||62.5||79.5||89.25||62.5||88.09||62.5|
|Total : GE + Interview||18||18||18||20||18||18||18|
|Total marks secured by last ranked selected candidate(Out to 100)||38.95||28.88||40.83||46.59||37.24||46.11||32.95|
Sectional Cut Off for SBI PO Prelims 2017
|Category||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||Reasoning Ability|
|Cut Off Marks (GEN)||10.25||8.75||6.50|
|Cut Off Marks (OBC/SC/ ST/PwD)||7.00||5.75||4.00|
SBI PO Prelims 2017 Cut off
SBI PO Pre-Exam Training
Bank may arrange pre-examination training for SC/ST/Religious Minority Community candidates at certain centres as per the guidelines issued by Government of India. Candidates belonging to the above categories can avail the training at their own cost by indicating the same against relevant column while applying on-line. Please find below an indicative list of training centres:
|North India||South India||East India||West India|
The Bank may add additional centres or may remove some of the centres indicated for training. Candidates opting for pre-examination training should download their call letter for training by entering their registration number and password/ date of birth from 07.04.2017 onwards from Bank's website. No hard copy of the call letter will be sent by post.
SBI PO FAQs
• Is the SBI PO exam Bilingual?
Except the Descriptive Test for English Language, all the other tests are bilingual, i.e. available in both English and Hindi
• Is there Negative Marking?
Yes, there is negative marking for wrong answer in the objective tests of both Preliminary and Mains Exam of SBI PO 2017. One fourth of the total marks allotted for that question will be deducted for marking a wrong answer.
• Are there fixed timings for different sections?
Not in Prelims, Yes in Mains
SBI PO Mains Exam is round the corner and all of you must be giving the finishing touches to your preparation these days. The mains exam consists of both objective paper and a descriptive English paper which will be conducted just after the objective examination. In descriptive examination, you will have to write an essay of around 500 words in one of the given topics. The marks allotted for this is usually 20 marks. In this paper, you are supposed to qualify only as the marks will not be added to prepare the final merit list.
Essay Writing: Some Useful Tips
Though marks are not added to the final merit list, your fate in the exam depends very much on the score you fetch in the descriptive exam. Essay section is very important, hence, to see you through to the final selection list. Now, let us discuss some very easy yet effective tips to score more in the essay section of these exams:
- Choose your topic wisely: You will be given a number of choices in the exam. You are supposed to choose a topic on which you can write from different points of view since you are expected to write your own opinion as well in the essay.
- Brainstorm points: This is the next step once you are done with choosing the topic. You jot down the points in your mind regarding what you are going to write in the essay. If you get time, write them down in the rough sheet given to you and follow them by heart while writing the essay.
- Be precise and to the point: While discussing any point in you essay, you are supposed to be to the point in presenting your point to the reader. Use language that represents your thoughts without the need to write more and more.
- Maintain Paragraphs: This will help you keeping track of the points that you have already covered in your essay. Try to cover one point in one paragraph and move on to the next.
- Maintain the flow of the essay: When you are moving on from one point to the other in the paragraph, you are supposed to maintain the flow of the essay. Do not jump from one point to the other without giving a link between the two.
- Correct English is necessary: You may not know a lot of words, try to use your resources wisely as correct English is more important than fancy English. Be accurate in your usage of language rather than using difficult words in your essay. Furthermore, use words that are right for the context in which you are using it.
- Try to stick to the given word limit: You should always keep in mind the word limit given in the question. Do not overshoot the limit too much since you are supposed to write the essay within that word limit. So, keep your arguments limited to the word limit and try to finish it within that limit as well.
- Conclude the essay properly: A good essay should have a good conclusion always. In that, you are supposed to write your opinion regarding the topic or should strike a conciliatory note regarding the arguments presented in the essay.
Essays in SBI PO Mains: Some Important Topics
There are certain topics that you can cover as your preparation in SBI PO Mains exam that is scheduled on 31st July 2016:
- A Unified Financial Sector Regulator: is the model feasible in India?
- Concept of Differentiated Banks in India: Is it the future of Indian banking?
- Microfinance is the way forward for Financial Inclusion: Do you agree?
- Social Media: It is more misused than used in India
- Inflation and Policy Rates in India
- Freedom of Speech cannot be Absolute for the sake of Democracy
- Priority Sector Lending: A Boon for Indian Agriculture
- E-commerce Boom is a boon for Digital India Programme
- Startup India, Standup India: India’s Chance to be the Global Superpower
- Bank Board Bureau will pave way for Professionalization of Banking in India
Essay writing is very important for your success and failure in SBI PO examination. So, fasten your seat belts and practice as much as you can before you are going to face the actual test one week from now. In order to understand the logical flow of an essay, go through some sample topics as well as read the editorials of some good newspapers. You are supposed to form an opinion on the given topic and write in your own language the same. Give data and information but along with that, present your ideas as well as that is expected from you also.
All the best!!