The purpose of the proposal essay is to propose an idea and provide evidence or arguments to convince readers why that idea is good or bad. Consider yourself as a salesperson; your goal is to convince the customer why to buy a car, jewelry, or some product. In this case, the product is your idea and customer is the professor. If you have never worked on a proposal essay before, you might feel insecure thinking there’s no way to pull it off. Not so fast! With a few ideas and simple strategy tips, you can complete this assignment successfully. Also, you can find college essay ideas on our site!So, let’s start!
Your proposal essay should contain
In order to create a high-quality proposal essay every time, you just have to follow the simple outline that revolves around:
- Introduction – provides background information, important details the reader should know before you move on to the other parts. The introduction has to catch the reader’s attention, make him/her want to read the paper. Let’s not forget the last sentence of the introduction accounts for a thesis statement
- Proposal – a statement of purpose. Generally, this is a brief section that informs the reader about your actual proposal i.e. the idea you want them to adopt. Make sure this section does not contain details about how you plan to carry the proposal
- Plan of action – here, your job is to explain how you plan to achieve the proposal. What will you do to show your reader why your proposal is valid? Basically, this is the section where you have to convince the reader to agree with your ideas. For every plan of action or evidence, use a separate paragraph
- Conclusion – summarize key points in a conclusion and include call-to-action, if applicable. Make sure you don’t include new information into conclusion because you would have to elaborate it thoroughly, and there’s no room for that in a paragraph-length section
Tips for proposal essay
- Carry out a thorough research in order to find as many details as possible
- Support all your claims i.e. ideas with evidence
- Use only relevant sources, avoid blog posts and websites that aren’t credible
- Cite all the sources you use to avoid plagiarism
- Demonstrate your vocabulary skills and avoid overusing some words
- Avoid slang and informal speech
- Instead of including a bunch of ideas that are poorly discussed, stick to 3-5 ideas that you will develop thoroughly
But, what happens when a professor allows you to choose the title for proposal essay? What to do then?
Not to worry, you’ll find some amazing ideas below.
Proposal essay ideas
- Bread and circus culture versus traditional family values
- Can antidepressant use enhance suicidal behaviors? Should it be limited or banned?
- Different things parents can do to ensure their child treats others with respect
- Does espionage law violate free speech? Should it be banned or improved?
- How can be kids persuaded not to experiment with drugs?
- How can educational television shows about science receive more funding and air time?
- How can kids with divorced parents be counseled to do well in school, build successful lives and marriages and have strong relationships?
- How can parents and teachers effectively help eliminate cyber-bullying?
- How can parents encourage their children to do more extracurricular activities?
- How can parents help children avoid or deal with bullying in school?
- How can parents make sure their children adopt healthy life values?
- How can parents protect their children from peer pressure?
- How can parents raise their children to have a sense of humility as opposed to entitlement?
- How can parents, teachers, and society at large encourage more children to pursue an education in science?
- How can people reduce their dependence on technology?
- How can teachers improve sex education courses?
- How can teachers spot signs of bullying in their classes
- How can the country ensure adequate healthcare coverage for all its citizens without the exceptions?
- How can the government better handle illegal immigration?
- How can the government make programs such as welfare, Medicaid, and Social Security more effective?
- How can the government or society as a whole reduce homelessness in the United States?
- How can the government reduce the rates of discriminatory behavior toward ethnic minorities?
- How can we promote more tolerant behavior within US society?
- How should children be taught about responsible Internet use?
- How should students be graded?
- How to protect yourself and your identity from online theft
- How to reduce the rates of smoking among adolescents?
- How to support local businesses and prevent them from being destroyed by huge chains
- In what ways can companies and consumers keep sensitive information more secure online?
- In what ways can we reduce childhood obesity?
- In what ways can foreign language courses be improved?
- Lack of tolerance leads to erratic, racist, and fascistic behavior. Different measures to put a stop to those actions
- Measures to take in order to provide better conditions for US veterans
- Risky behaviors are celebrated while morality is considered outdated and unacceptable. How to change things around?
- Should all prisoners have voting rights or only individual on probation and those who have already served their sentences?
- Should animal exploitation by dairy and meat industries be banned? Is veganism only way to protect animal rights?
- Should college athletes be paid? How can colleges better handle the combination of education, athletes, and business?
- Should dog bite laws be more specific? For example, should pit bulls be banned, or more attention should be paid to the education of dog owners instead?
- Should people buy so many things using credit? What can be done to handle the culture of debt?
- Should the customer have the right to report mistreatment of companies lying to consumers?
- So many experts, so much bad behavior among children these days. Measures to take in order to turn things around
- The best way to teach children responsibility
- The current student grading system is flawed, but it can be fixed with these methods
- The most successful inventors were known as wrong-thinkers at schools. Later they were acknowledged as risk-taking pioneers. So should a teacher give students the chance of failing and learn by making mistakes?
- The risks of birth defects are significantly higher in test-tube babies. Should couples adopt children instead of having in-vitro fertilization?
- To change the world you have to change yourself. What can you do to help the environment?
- What are the measures to reduce alcohol use among adolescents?
- What are the solutions to the erosion of trust contribution to the decline of the American business sector?
- What can be done about the decline of morality in media?
- What can be done for obsolete lifestyles?
- What can be done to create a more well-rounded curriculum for middle and high school students?
- What can be done to improve student’s reading comprehension instead calling words aloud without understanding them?
- What can be done to prevent other countries and parties from interfering in the US elections?
- What can be done to solve the giant problem of unemployment?
- What can the average person do to combat global climate change? What can the government do?
- What can we do to reduce the risk of teen pregnancies?
- What could be done to make the electoral system more effective?
- What improvements have to be made regarding sex education courses to decrease the rate of teen pregnancies?
- What initiatives should be implemented to project small businesses from economic problems?
- What is the best way to impose and improve parental involvement in children’s education?
- What is the best way to prevent deaths from drunk driving?
- What is the most effective way for parents to teach their children about money?
- What is the most effective way to discipline a child?
- What measures to introduce in order to avoid the next economic crisis?
- What should be done to increase the funding for cancer research?
- What should be done to lower the national debt?
- What steps should be taken from restraining qualified teachers from leaving teaching profession?
- What teachers can do to establish a balance between engaging students and letting them overtake their authority and influence among students
- What would be an effective program to curb illegal drug use?
- While vegans require others to respect their choices, why can’t they respect someone else’s? The strategies to help solve this issue
- Why are foreign languages in school important for our education?
When writing the proposal essay, your goal is to propose a few ideas regarding a certain topic, elaborate them and convince readers to accept them. Picture yourself as a salesperson who has to convince the customer to make a purchase. Use title ideas above to practice. Also, you can read about connecting ideas in an essay! And never forget to use essay checker!
Guidelines on Writing a Research Proposal
Writing a research proposal is rightfully considered as one of the most complex tasks and requires mastery of multiple skills. It is a paper, which aims to deliver a brief information on the research you want to conduct, explaining the main reasons why it will be useful for the reader and for the society. A correct research proposal should contain:
- the main idea of the paper;
- reasons why the research should be conducted;
- used methodology.
You should give an overview of your studies and interest others to go on reading. A research paper is usually the first step for students to get funding for their project, so it is crucial to create a thoughtful and deep paper.
You should pay attention to the common mistakes and use a research proposal template if needed in order to avoid them. First, you need to be precise and perform a clear vision of what you are going to describe (provide a clear idea, time, place and so on). You should always stay focused on the problem, avoiding too many details on minor issues. You shouldn’t forget about correcting any grammar or lexical mistakes, which will definitely spoil the overall impression. Finally, you should pay careful attention to citing other works in your study to show that you have conducted a thoughtful research and know the subject perfectly.
In this article, we will give you an overview of how to write a proposal for a research paper and make it stand out from the rest.
Order an Exclusive Paper of Top Standard
100% Originality Assured. Only Qualified Specialists
Research Proposal Example and Sample
Most of the students struggle to find information on how to write a research proposal and spend lots of money when hiring others to complete the task. Using a proposal sample can be of a great help for those, who want to create a research paper on their own but don’t know where to start.
A previously downloaded template can greatly help any student and give an overall information on such aspects like:
- Format of the paper. You will be able to get information on the structure not to miss any important section;
- Learn more about the most important parts, which can be easily skipped when not knowing about the most catchy sections;
- Avoid the mistakes that were previously made.
Using proposal examples is a great way to learn from someone else’s experience and create an outstanding powerful proposal.
Research Proposal Outline
It is impossible to conduct a thorough paper without using a sample research proposal. It will greatly help you to shape your research and give its readers the best impression.
Research Proposal Examples
Research Proposal Format
Research Proposal Outline
Research Proposal Sample
Research Proposal Template
A research proposal format consists of six main parts:
- Introduction. It is should be both brief and catchy. You need to grab reader’s interest and make him go on reading. In this section you should describe the main problem you are going to work on, the methodology and the importance of your research to persuade the reader that the results of the study may be useful;
- Background. In this section, you should give a more detailed overview of the problem. It is not an essay, so you should follow a clear structure and use a research paper example if needed. In this part you should give more details about the aim of your study, explain why it is worth completing, enumerate the main problems you want to face and offer a brief plan of your future research;
- Review of the sources. This section is usually very difficult to complete, as it contains lots of information and you need to structure it thoughtfully. A research proposal outline can be of a great use to see how you need to process the literature in order to make the whole structure clear and simple. Here you need to show that there are researches, based on your field of interest but they lack the data you are going to perform;
- Research methods. This section is very important, because you need to provide effective methods that will be used in your research study. Try to list methods that were not previously used by other researches and order new research design, based on literature overview;
- Assumptions and consequences. Even though it is a proposal and not a research proposal sample, it doesn’t mean that you should avoid describing the results of the project. In this section you need to clarify what impact will your study have, what are the suggestions and potential changes in the field. You should also give information how it will influence the lives of others and how the results will be used;
- Conclusion. This section should be brief and straight to the point. You need to emphasize why your research is important and why it should be done. You should also write a few sentences on the potential field of its implementation and why people will benefit from it.
We hope, that with the help of this data you will be able to interest the reader and be able to create a deep and thoughtful research paper.